Pages

Friday, 8 May 2015

Author Spotlight; Jessica Stevens


NEW RELEASE
5th May 2015

Behind The Makeup




Welcome darlings. Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing the scrumptious Jessica Stevens, author of Behind The Makeup. Hello hello my lovely, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Why don’t you start by telling us about your new book?

Hello Amara, thanks so much for having me over.

Elizabeth Rhey is home on her final tour, and she has come back to where it all began, Wembley Stadium. A stone throw away from where she grew up. Where her brother still lives and spends most of his time in and out of prison for burglary and drug offences. A burglary gone wrong leads to a police chase and a horrific crash that claims his, and another’s life, and left another critically ill.

After identifying his body, Beth has to go through his personal possessions with the police, where a large sum of money is discovered. Unable to explain how her jobless brother had such an amount of money, the police hold on to the money pending further investigations.

At home with her bodyguard, Gareth Buchanan, things turn personal when a demand for money is put through her front room window. Gareth contacts the police and is faced with his own ghost as his old police partner, detective Ray Jones heads up the investigation. The reason he left the force has been there every time he closes his eyes for the last three years. Only now he can’t run away as he did before. Beth needs his help and as the case unfolds, they quickly realise that there is no one else Beth can trust.

Beth’s past catches up with her and she has no choice but to put her career on hold, for her own safety. She finds herself trusting Gareth in ways she had denied herself for years.

Gareth is reinstated as a police officer, working with his old partner Jones, as they carry out an undercover operation to capture the man behind Beth’s nightmares and her brother’s death.


Blurb:
Elizabeth Rhey is a world class singer who has come home to North West London to complete the final dates of her last tour. Then her way word brother gets in trouble with the police again, and she is about ready to wash her hands of him. Only he’s dead. She finds herself caught up in a police investigation, where her past secrets catch up with her. 

Gareth Buchanan is Beth’s bodyguard. It wasn’t his chosen career, just one he landed on after taking a break from the police force. When Beth’s brother is killed and the investigation around his death unravels, he finds himself getting very close to Beth. With a desperate need to protect her, Gareth is forced to confront is own ghost.

Both their lives are turned upside down as they find out who is behind her brother’s death. Can they face their past to find peace for their future?



Ooooh I can't wait to read my copy. It sounds like a great read. So, tell us where do you find your inspiration? Day-dreams? Fantasies? Real life experiences?

For this particular story, the inspiration came from a makeup advertisement on tv. It just flashed through my mind and all the pieces came together as I started to write. In general inspiration can strike from a flippant comment someone makes, something I read about, adverts, a place, songs, just anywhere really. Of course they don’t always turn into stories, but I write them down anyway.



And on that note, how do you do your research? Leave nothing out!!

lol google is fast becoming my best friend. But if truth be told, I don’t actually google pictures for inspiration on what my characters look like. I can never find them as I am so rubbish with actor names and stuff.

I do research names, for example in Alana, Their names all have a meaning, Altor, Valaskin, Vasilios, BoJana, Bransilave and Malvin. It was important that their names meant something to the storyline.

I research places and am fortunate to have been to the locations I use. The places all have personal memories for me.



Pffft so much offering up the goods. You can tell me the saucy stuff in secret laters ;) So, what else have you written to date, and what are you working on at the minute?

I have written Alana, which is my first solo publication. This is a paranormal romance, about a mentalist and a wolf shifter. Currently I am working on the next part to Alana. It’s called Yoseph, as well as another romance called Musical Medley.



I read that, and loved it, and would recommend it to others! Just sayin'
So! What's your favorite love story, and can you quote us a favorite line from it?

Ohh that’s such a tough one. But I think my all-time favorite love story is Notting Hill. And the best line was of course delivered by the lovely Julia Roberts, “I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” Oh makes me goosy everytime.



Do you believe in love at first sight? *le sigh*

Yes I really do. I married him. I fought against it for a while. I had come out of a really bad relationship and wanted nothing to do with men for a while. But when he tripped up the stairs behind me because he was looking at my arse, and not where he was going… ;-) yeah you can’t fight it. Love won and we are the best still to this day.



Awwww so cute! I married my first real love too,  but we didn't meet with me perving on his ass! lol Okay, if you were to write a book about yourself, what would you name it? Mine would be Amazballs Amara… hahaha I joke! I don’t know what it would be.

Lol I don’t really think my life has been interesting enough to write a whole book lol. But there is always a part of me in my heroines.



Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours. Leave nothing out!

Lol I have none!!! Erm. See this is really hard because to me they are normal behaviors. But I guess one thing that got picked out is that, when I eat sausages, I always cut the ends off and eat that bit first before I eat the middle bit. Don’t ask, I have no idea why lol.



Ooooookay.... next question... if you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be?

The past can’t be changed, live for the moment as tomorrow is your future. Have fun.



Nice! I really like that one ;)
If you could eliminate one thing from your daily schedule, what would it be and why?

School runs. Oh they are the bane of my life. No one wants to get up and eat breakfast and get dressed for a certain time, least of all me. Why does school have to start so early?



Ah, the joys of the school run. I'd have to agree with you on that one. Anywho, what's the one thing, you can't live without?

My family.



I knew you'd say that! Super-mom J ;)
so tell me, if you turn into your partner for a day, what would you do? Ha! I know what I’d be doing, and it involves a lot of nakedness and a mirror!

Roflmao. Sit on my arse and do nothing. Only joking. Digressing a little here, but when I was pregnant I had a dream I was a man. It was so vivid I was standing with my legs apart, swinging my John Thomas between my legs and I could feel it pulling. So I already know what it feels like to be a man ;-)

I wouldn’t like to be my husband for a day. I couldn’t do his job.



John Thomas? hehehehe. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Mhmmm and no fudging, tell us the truth woman!

I’m definitely and eyes and arse lady. Got to have something to grip and know when someone is being honest with you.



Oh yes, the eyes. Yum! If you could date any celebrity, who would it be and why? And you can only choose ONE!

Oh bloody hell… Liam Nelson. He is a sincere, passionate and charismatic man, who would fight to the end of the world for the woman he loves.



I do like me some ole Liam Nelson, love the voice! So, what would you do if you were the last person on this earth?

Walk the earth and become one with nature.



What is the best thing you have done in your life?

THE best thing? I have a few. Married my husband, gave life to my three children, and followed my dreams.



And final question. This is life or death stuff here…. Caramel or Chocolate!?!

Absolutely chocolate! Without it, there is no life.



Right Answer!! Chocolate all the way!! Thank you for stopping by gorgeous, it’s been fun ;)

Thanks so much for having me. 

If you want to find out more about what I’m up to, you can contact me here:

Twitter @jpstevens79

Until next time, take care.
Jessica xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment